Ventilation is the key to a clean, healthy and comfortable environment within your building.
Thermotech Mechanical Services provide ventilation services across a wide range of sectors. The type of building and organisation will determine which ventilation system would be most suitable. Our solutions include both the exchange of air to the outside as well as circulation of air within the building. Factors that we consider in the design of your ventilation systems include the flow rate (which is a function of the fan speed and exhaust vent size) and noise level. There are other things to consider, too, like if ducting for the fans traverse unheated space, the ducting should be insulated as well to prevent condensation.
Industrial or commercial kitchens within restaurants and hotel bathrooms may require mechanical exhausts to control odours and sometimes humidity. Kitchens have additional problems to deal with such as smoke and grease.
Should I choose mechanical ventilation or natural ventilation?
There’s a big difference between “forced” or mechanical ventilation, and ‘natural’ ventilation. Mechanical ventilation is provided through an air handling unit or by direct injection of air to a space by a fan. A local exhaust fan can enhance infiltration or natural ventilation, thus increasing the ventilation air flow rate. Natural ventilation occurs when the air in a space is changed with outdoor air without the use of mechanical systems, such as a fan or a window. This is an easy ventilation solution – however, if you allow outside air into a cooler below ground space, this can cause problems with humidity and condensation.
Why should I ventilate my building?
remove bad smells
get rid of smoke, heat and dust
remove airborne bacteria
get rid of carbon dioxide
- The father of our CEO was Frank Prendergast (1935-1995) Frank would have been 83 years old today. Frank was also a… https://t.co/fwtJXOjmKp
- The father of our CEO would have been 83 years old today. Frank Prendergast (1935-1995) was also a sprinkler engi… https://t.co/1UfjjM6gi6
- Three generations of Sprinkler Engineering. We take pride in what we do. #ThermotechFireProtection
- Nice to receive an email today from one of our biggest clients thanking us and other contractors for our... https://t.co/T9M094Mg1K
- Value versus Price.....I wonder how much this cost cutting exercise has cost..... https://t.co/OShJU7xYDa