Fire Sprinkler Systems
A fire sprinkler system is on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, silently protecting you.
As the ambient temperature rises due to a fire below a specific sprinkler, liquid in a glass vessel within the sprinkler head expands increasing the pressure within the vessel.
At a temperature predetermined during the design process, the vessel bursts, releasing pressurised water from the system which is sprayed at a predetermined rate across a specific area, extinguishing the fire.
Fire sprinkler systems protect people, property and product automatically.
In buildings fully protected by sprinklers:
- 99% of fires are controlled by sprinklers alone
- 60% of fires are controlled by the spray from no more than 4 sprinklers.
There are many different types of sprinkler systems:
Benefits of an automatic fire sprinkler system:
■ continuous 24 hours a day, 7 days a week fire protection
■ early detection of fire with simultaneous, automatic raising of the alarm
■ rapid local fire suppression
■ protect people’s lives and health
■ reduce property damage
■ reduce product damage
■ reduce business continuity risk
■ increase building design flexibility
■ reduce insurance costs
■ low instance of false alarms
■ reduce environmental damage compared to the high water volumes used by the fire services
- A busy and demanding week but some really exciting prospects for the future here at Thermotech Fire. Have a great Easter weekend everybody!
- BBC News - Just 15% of new schools fitted with fire sprinklers https://t.co/D4zF8iKHbM
- Thermotech Group are delighted to have attained certification to the new international standard for occupational He… https://t.co/5AO1CilcV9
- Firefighters know the value of sprinkler systems. https://t.co/a96UvjkT5f
- Thermotech Fire have some fantastic opportunities for, Project Managers, Sprinkler Service and Installation Enginee… https://t.co/ke8WTdZ79C