Fire Sprinkler Systems
A fire sprinkler system is on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, silently protecting you.
As the ambient temperature rises due to a fire below a specific sprinkler, liquid in a glass vessel within the sprinkler head expands increasing the pressure within the vessel.
At a temperature predetermined during the design process, the vessel bursts, releasing pressurised water from the system which is sprayed at a predetermined rate across a specific area, extinguishing the fire.
Fire sprinkler systems protect people, property and product automatically.
In buildings fully protected by sprinklers:
- 99% of fires are controlled by sprinklers alone
- 60% of fires are controlled by the spray from no more than 4 sprinklers.
There are many different types of sprinkler systems:
Benefits of an automatic fire sprinkler system:
■ continuous 24 hours a day, 7 days a week fire protection
■ early detection of fire with simultaneous, automatic raising of the alarm
■ rapid local fire suppression
■ protect people’s lives and health
■ reduce property damage
■ reduce product damage
■ reduce business continuity risk
■ increase building design flexibility
■ reduce insurance costs
■ low instance of false alarms
■ reduce environmental damage compared to the high water volumes used by the fire services
- The father of our CEO was Frank Prendergast (1935-1995) Frank would have been 83 years old today. Frank was also a… https://t.co/fwtJXOjmKp
- The father of our CEO would have been 83 years old today. Frank Prendergast (1935-1995) was also a sprinkler engi… https://t.co/1UfjjM6gi6
- Three generations of Sprinkler Engineering. We take pride in what we do. #ThermotechFireProtection
- Nice to receive an email today from one of our biggest clients thanking us and other contractors for our... https://t.co/T9M094Mg1K
- Value versus Price.....I wonder how much this cost cutting exercise has cost..... https://t.co/OShJU7xYDa