Wet and Dry Risers
Providing solutions to large water volume requirements
Wet and dry risers are systems of pipes and valves which enable the fire service to pump the large quantities of water necessary for fire fighting purposes to upper floors or remote inaccessible areas within buildings.
The maintenance of a dry and wet riser systems is the responsibility of the property owner. Thermotech provide the necessary maintenance to meet the requirements of BS 5306 Part 1, including visual inspections every six months and an annual service including pressure testing to 150 psi and a full wet test in the case of wet risers.
What is a wet riser?
A wet riser system is required by building regulations in occupied buildings over 50m tall and can be installed in buildings below this height. Due to the water pressures required, these systems include duplicate automatic pumps and water storage tanks fed by the town mains, which can be augmented if necessary by the fire service.
What is a dry riser?
A dry riser is a system maintained empty of water which is required by building regulations in occupied buildings over 18m tall. A dry riser inlet with a minimum of twin couplings is provided typically at ground level, and which must be within 18m of a suitable access point for a fire appliance. Outlets or landing valves are provided within the building to enable the fire service to connect to throughout the property.
- A terrible night for our home town but the goodness, strength, resilience and - above all - kindness of the... https://t.co/Z1p7hEPWZ4
- Our thoughts are with those affected by last night's terrible events in Manchester.
- Busy morning at Thermotech HQ! - 6 emergency callouts all attended within Service Level Agreement. Well done team!👍
- Busy morning at Thermotech HQ! - 6 emergency callouts all attended within Service Level Agreement. Well done team!
- Good morning all, and what a beautiful morning it is! Lots going on here at Thermotech Group, exciting times... https://t.co/CxizkO2WdD