Fire Sprinkler Systems
A fire sprinkler system is on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, silently protecting you.
As the ambient temperature rises due to a fire below a specific sprinkler, liquid in a glass vessel within the sprinkler head expands increasing the pressure within the vessel.
At a temperature predetermined during the design process, the vessel bursts, releasing pressurised water from the system which is sprayed at a predetermined rate across a specific area, extinguishing the fire.
Fire sprinkler systems protect people, property and product automatically.
In buildings fully protected by sprinklers:
- 99% of fires are controlled by sprinklers alone
- 60% of fires are controlled by the spray from no more than 4 sprinklers.
There are many different types of sprinkler systems:
Benefits of an automatic fire sprinkler system:
■ continuous 24 hours a day, 7 days a week fire protection
■ early detection of fire with simultaneous, automatic raising of the alarm
■ rapid local fire suppression
■ protect people’s lives and health
■ reduce property damage
■ reduce product damage
■ reduce business continuity risk
■ increase building design flexibility
■ reduce insurance costs
■ low instance of false alarms
■ reduce environmental damage compared to the high water volumes used by the fire services
- Distressing news from London this morning. Our thoughts are with the residents of the Grenfell tower block and... https://t.co/CbOOrstv1t
- One of the FHSO's of our biggest client has taken the time to send us an official compliment on the helpfulness... https://t.co/ETgzh3mPpf
- A terrible night for our home town but the goodness, strength, resilience and - above all - kindness of the... https://t.co/Z1p7hEPWZ4
- Our thoughts are with those affected by last night's terrible events in Manchester.
- Busy morning at Thermotech HQ! - 6 emergency callouts all attended within Service Level Agreement. Well done team!👍