Protect yourself from fire with Thermotech
As a company, Thermotech Fire Protection has been providing clients across the UK with life-protecting fire sprinkler systems since 1997. As fire protection specialists, we also design, install and maintain fire pumps, wet and dry risers, other fire suppression systems such as mist or gas systems, fire alarms as well as fire extinguishers and signage.
We’re experts in the retail and commercial sectors and we are proud to work with some of the UK’s biggest organisations. They choose Thermotech Fire Protection as their fire sprinkler contractor because of our vast experience and national capability.
We’ve got all of the accreditations – but more importantly, we’ve got experience and pride ourselves on our friendly and understanding approach. Get in touch to see how we can help you.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, in England and Wales and the Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 in Scotland, both came into force on 1st October 2006, fundamentally changing the way in which fire safety is legislated.
In England and Wales, if you’re an employer, owner, landlord or occupier of a business or other non-domestic premises, you’re responsible for fire safety and are known as the ‘responsible person’.
As the ‘responsible person’ you must:
- carry out and regularly review a fire risk assessment of the premises
- inform staff or their representatives about the risks you may have identified
- put in place, and maintain, appropriate fire safety measures
- plan for an emergency
- provide staff information, fire safety instruction and training
Amongst other duties, the responsible person must ensure that premises are fitted with appropriate fire fighting equipment, fire detection and alarms. They must also ensure that any non-automatic fire fighting equipment is easily accessible, simple to use and indicated by signs.
Click here for a short guide on making your premises safe from fire.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss how the regulations affect you.
- Distressing news from London this morning. Our thoughts are with the residents of the Grenfell tower block and... https://t.co/CbOOrstv1t
- One of the FHSO's of our biggest client has taken the time to send us an official compliment on the helpfulness... https://t.co/ETgzh3mPpf
- A terrible night for our home town but the goodness, strength, resilience and - above all - kindness of the... https://t.co/Z1p7hEPWZ4
- Our thoughts are with those affected by last night's terrible events in Manchester.
- Busy morning at Thermotech HQ! - 6 emergency callouts all attended within Service Level Agreement. Well done team!👍